Although you can visit some of Grow America’s Web sites without providing any personal information, Grow America adheres to the following privacy principles on how we collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store your personal information.
1. Data Collection, Consent, and Use: When you register on this site; create or use an account on or through this site, including, without limitation, a Facebook account that allows you to access and/or interact with this site (collectively, an “Account”); add profile information; enter or participate in a Grow AmericaSM competition (“Competition”) that is provided or made available through this site; or take other similar actions, we may collect and obtain from you the following types of information:
a. Personal information, such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, etc., that you knowingly choose to disclose (including, without limitation, through your Account, by answering any survey or questionnaire, by participation in a Competition or educational platform, by using this site, and so forth) collectively constitutes “Voluntary Information.”
b. Site use information from all users collected on an aggregate basis constitutes “User Information.”
2. Voluntary Information: If you provide Voluntary Information through your Account, by answering any survey or questionnaire through this site, by using this site, through participation in a Competition (in accordance with our Competition Rules), or otherwise, Grow America may use that information to contact you; to fulfill your requests; to seek voluntary feedback from you; to administer this site or any Competition; and to share it with Competition sponsors, partners, affiliates, potential investors, third-party vendors and service providers, and/or any other party that Grow America, in its sole discretion, determines may be beneficial to you or your business (collectively, “Partners”) or to the success of the Competition, and to allow such Partners to contact you to provide you with potential solutions to meet possible business needs. Moreover, if you provide Voluntary Information on or through a portion of this site labeled as a “public forum” or through other public portions of this site, then (in addition to making such information available to the public through this and related sites) we may also use such information for marketing and promotional purposes. Users who supply information will be included in a contact database which Grow America will use to send e-mails and other communications, subject to all legal requirements.
As a result of entering or participating in a Competition, we may use your Voluntary Information to publicize that you and/or your company are participating or have participated in a Competition. Additionally, if you are a finalist or a winner of a Competition, we may publish your Voluntary Information (which may be publically accessible) to identify you as such. If you are the recipient of any Competition award, you may be legally required to provide us your Social Security Number and/or other company detail for tax reporting purposes. Such information will only be used for tax reporting purposes and will be kept secured as outlined herein.
Grow America may engage certain third-party companies to perform services in connection with the administration of its Web site and Competitions, and Voluntary Information may be shared, collected, and used by those third parties for purposes of the administration of this Web site and the Competitions.
3. User Information: Grow America may monitor all user activity on this site to obtain overall usage statistics. Information collected includes, but is not limited to: domain name, browser type, operating system, geographic origin, referring domain, MIME type, Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, on-site bookmarks, on-site subscriptions, click stream data, site navigation history, etc. This User Information is for internal consumption and is only shared with third parties on a statistically aggregated basis, except as provided below. Grow America uses User Information to analyze trends, administer the site, track users’ movements around the site, and gather information about the user base as a whole to better align this Web site and third-party resources to meet the needs of Grow America’s users.
User Information may be linked to Voluntary Information from time to time if Grow America has determined that it needs to identify a user because of safety or security issues or to comply with legal requirements.
4. Cookies: To enable Grow America to offer the best possible experience to visitors of this site and to offer continually updated information, we may assign users unique identification numbers which are stored in a file on their personal hard drive called a “cookie.” Cookies by themselves cannot be used to find out the identity of any user. This unique identification number automatically identifies specific users’ browsers to Grow America and this site whenever users interact and browse this site.
5. E-mail Tracking: E-mails sent from Grow America might contain e-mail tracking devices to measure the activity of the e-mail, including, without limitation, clicking on a link within an e-mail and the forwarding of the e-mail. This information is tied to users’ e-mail addresses when stored.
6. Credit Card Information: If users choose to purchase subscriptions, memberships, or other products or services through this site, they may be able to do so with a credit card. In such cases, all credit card information is collected by a third party, in compliance with Payment Card Industry (or PCI) standards and requirements.
7. Compliance with Lawful Requests under the Anti-Money Laundering and Patriot Acts: Notwithstanding any law, ordinance, or collective bargaining contract to the contrary, no Grow America employee shall unreasonably fail to comply with any lawful request for assistance made by any federal authorities carrying out the provisions of the USA Patriot Act, any federal immigration or terrorism investigation, anti-money laundering acts, or any executive order of the president of the United States pertaining to Homeland Security—to the extent that the request is consistent with the doctrine of federalism. Collection of personally identifying information about users (which may include full legal name, address, phone number, e-mail address, watch list status, social security number, and other information) is required of any party receiving awards, winnings, or other disbursements from a Competition, and may be subject to governmental oversight pursuant to the aforementioned articles of the United States Code.
9. Sharing Information: Except as provided in Section 2 above, or as outlined below, Grow America does not rent, sell, lend, or share any personal information about an individual user with any third party. As noted previously, Grow America may share all Voluntary Information with its Partners, and you agree that such Partners may use that information to contact you to market their services/goods and determine potential needs and solutions for you and/or your business. Grow America may occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on behalf of Grow America, including (but not limited to): packaging and mailing, answering customer questions about products or services, sending and tracking postal mail or e-mail, processing data, etc. Grow America will only provide those companies with the information they need to perform their service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
10. Security: When Grow America stores information which users have provided, that information is protected by security measures that can include firewalls, intrusion detection systems, SSL, data encryption, and other security measures, such as secure storage.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data repository can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, Grow America cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information users disclose or transmit to Grow America and/or through this site. Moreover, Grow America cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of users’ personal information.
11. Third-Party Links: We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of any third-party sites. For your own protection, you should review the policies of similar sites to ensure they meet your personal expectations of privacy.
Mail: 2036 Lincoln Ave, Ste. 104, Ogden UT 84401
 “Partners” as used in this context is intended only to denote Competition sponsors and related and interested parties. The term does not indicate or imply any formal legal relationship between Grow America and any other party.
Copyright © 2013 Grow America, Inc. All rights reserved.